Hamlin - St. Mary's Ukrainian Orthodox Church

South of Vilna and east of Saddle Lake First Nation Reserve, near intersection of TWP Road 574 and Range Road 134

Smoky Lake County (NE-20-57-13-W4)

Hamlin, Alberta

The area was originally settled in 1903 by settlers from Bukovyna.

The Church was built around 1911. It was initially served by Russian Orthodox priests. By 1918, the parish became affiliated with Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church of Canada.

The site contains both the church and a cemetery. The Church has a revised tripartrite plan - there is no narthax. It is crowned by a central dome. There is a smaller dome over the sanctuary. A storm porch provides the entrance way.

A bell tower is located besides the Church.